Felony DUI Attorney in Georgia
Counsel from an Aggressive Atlanta DUI Defense Lawyer
Most DUI charges are considered misdemeanors in Georgia, but if there have been numerous repeat offenses, or circumstances are particularly serious, the offense becomes a felony. Those convicted of felony DUI are vulnerable to numerous penalties that can change the trajectory of one's life. That is why it is absolutely necessary to seek informed and aggressive counsel to combat these charges and secure the best possible outcome.
At Willis Law Firm, that's precisely the kind of legal representation their firm has provided countless clients facing felony DUI penalties. Their seasoned, award-winning lawyer has more than 20 years of combined DUI experience and is ready to bring unparalleled insight and defense against your felony DUI charges.
Don't hesitate to start fighting the case against you. Contact the team at Willis Law Firm today!
Felony DUI Penalties in Georgia
A fourth DUI offense in a ten year span results in a felony charge. Other circumstances, such as injury, wrongful death, the presence of a minor, or significant property damage can also turn any DUI offense into a felony. Many of these penalties are included Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) 40-6.
Felony DUI penalties in Georgia include:
- One to five years in prison (minimum of 90 days)
- $1000 to $5000 in fines
- License suspension up to five years
- Five years of probation
- At least 60 days of community service
- Installation of an ignition interlock device
- Alcohol treatment and evaluation
- Mandatory risk reduction course
Additional penalties may apply to your offense depending on its circumstances. For instance, if other people were killed in your incident, an additional 15 years in prison can be sentenced for every death if a conviction is reached. For more specific information on what penalties you could be facing for your felony DUI charge, contact Willis Law Firm today.
The Atlanta Felony DUI Defense Attorney You Need
Felony DUI penalties are harsh but do not have to be an inevitability. To reduce or avoid these penalties, proactive action is needed and skilled and proven counsel should start working on your behalf immediately.
Start this process today. Contact our felony DUI defense lawyer for a free case evaluation now.
1) DUI less-safe, 2) Reckless Driving, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane, 4) Failure to Obey Authorized Person Directing Traffic Charges Reduced to Reckless Driving
1) DUI per se, 2) DUI less-safe, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane, 4) Reckless Driving Client Acquitted of DUI
1) DUI, 2) Speeding, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane DUI was reduced to reckless driving
1) Failure to maintain lane 2) Failure to obey traffic-control device, 3) DUI DUI and failure to maintain lane dismissed
1) Failure to Maintain Lane, 2) Driver’s License not on person, 3) Reckless Driving, 4) DUI less-safe All Charges Dismissed
1) Impeding the flow of traffic, 2) DUI less-safe All Charges Dismissed
Anonymous Tip About an Impaired Driver All Charges Dismissed
Attorney Faces DUI with BAC Twice the Legal Limit Case dismissed
Blood Test Shows Presence of Cannabinoids and THC Metabolites Not guilty of DUI-Drugs
Charges Dismissed Despite a Blood Test Charges Dismissed
“Greg had the best strategy”- Anonymous
“Don't play around with your freedom and driving privileges.”- Hayden
“Best Lawyer I have Ever Met!”- Robert