Unlawful Police Stops in DUI Cases
Aggressive Atlanta DUI Representation at Willis Law Firm
The line of defense that could get your DUI charges reduced or dropped begins at the very start of your case: the police stop. In order to pull you over, the officer must have a valid reason (probable cause) to do so.
If you have been arrested and are facing DUI charges, you need the experienced guidance of a skilled attorney. At Willis Law Firm, our team is backed by more than a century of collective experience. Due to our commitment to excellence, we have accrued many positive client testimonials as well as recognition by the legal community. To get you started on your case, we offer free case evaluations and are available 24/7!
Contact us today for more information about your legal options!
What is probable cause for a DUI stop?
It is from this police stop that the primary evidence in your case will come. A prosecutor can wield everything from the officer's testimony to any DUI tests against you. But it is possible for all of this evidence to get tossed out if the officer did not have probable cause in the first place.
- For a police officer to pull you over, he or she must see you commit a traffic violation, something like speeding or running through a stop sign.
- For a police officer to ask you to perform DUI tests or search your car, there must be additional probable cause, such as bloodshot eyes or an open container of alcohol.
- For a police officer to arrest you, there must be more probable cause, such as a failed breath test or a blood test refusal.
If at any point your rights were violated, such as through unreasonable search and seizure or failure to read you the Miranda Rights, it is possible to prove that the police stop and DUI arrest were unlawful.
Trust an Atlanta DUI Attorney with 20+ Years of Defense Experience!
Our Atlanta DUI attorney at Willis Law Firm has a Superb Avvo Rating due to his high reputation and proven skill. Learn more about your legal rights and how an Atlanta DUI lawyer can preserve them when you discuss your case during a free consultation.
Ask for your case review now when you call Willis Law Firm to discover the defenses that could protect your future and your liberty.
1) DUI less-safe, 2) Reckless Driving, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane, 4) Failure to Obey Authorized Person Directing Traffic Charges Reduced to Reckless Driving
1) DUI per se, 2) DUI less-safe, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane, 4) Reckless Driving Client Acquitted of DUI
1) DUI, 2) Speeding, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane DUI was reduced to reckless driving
1) Failure to maintain lane 2) Failure to obey traffic-control device, 3) DUI DUI and failure to maintain lane dismissed
1) Failure to Maintain Lane, 2) Driver’s License not on person, 3) Reckless Driving, 4) DUI less-safe All Charges Dismissed
1) Impeding the flow of traffic, 2) DUI less-safe All Charges Dismissed
Anonymous Tip About an Impaired Driver All Charges Dismissed
Attorney Faces DUI with BAC Twice the Legal Limit Case dismissed
Blood Test Shows Presence of Cannabinoids and THC Metabolites Not guilty of DUI-Drugs
Charges Dismissed Despite a Blood Test Charges Dismissed
“Don't play around with your freedom and driving privileges.”- Hayden
“Best Lawyer I have Ever Met!”- Robert
“Greg’s confidence is unmatched”- Anonymous