Through years of work and specialized training, Attorney Greg Willis has established himself as a top DUI defense attorney in the State of Georgia. His legal career is dedicated to the representation of individuals who have been charged with driving under the influence. Due to his success and masterful defense techniques, Attorney Willis has garnered many positive testimonials from clients and attorneys alike.
What Sets Greg Willis Apart
Attorney Willis has a 93% success rate of defending DUI charges over the past 5 years. His experience has prompted other DUI lawyers to pay money to hear about the firm’s strategies at seminars.
As Atlanta’s legal and scientific authority on chemical testing, he has a reputation of being the most credible source of knowledge in this field in the courtroom. He has advanced training in all aspects of DUI defense, including:
- Training as an instructor on field sobriety tests and the Intoxilyzers
- Training in the scientific method as applied to the field sobriety studies that prove that field sobriety tests are designed to fail
- Training as a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
- Training in chemistry and physiology as it relates to both blood and breath tests
- Training in gas chromatography (the technique used in Georgia to test blood for alcohol and drugs
His experience has, practically speaking, allowed him to successfully challenge the accuracy of breath tests, blood tests and field sobriety tests for his clients facing difficult DUI charges.
Attorney Willis has obtained the following awards & recognitions, among others:
- Secured a major landmark victory in the Supreme Court
- 10.0 “Superb” Attorney Rating on Avvo
- Named a SuperLawyer in the State of Georgia
- Rising Stars ℠ Award from Super Lawyers®
- Best Law Firms by U.S. News & World Report in 2010
Mr. Willis graduated with a B.S. in Commerce from the University of Virginia in 1992. Thereafter, he attended University of Georgia School of Law and graduated with his J.D. in 1996.
Memberships & Specialized Training
Attorney Willis remains front footed in DUI training and continuing education. In order to remain on the leading edge of DUI defense, Attorney Willis has mastered the Drug Recognition Expert Overview Course and is even certified to operate the Intoxilyzer 5000, a breathalyzer commonly used by law enforcement. In addition, he has taken a number of courses in order to understand how the machine operates. This knowledge enables him to challenge this test’s results.
In 2011, through his membership with the National College of DUI Defense, Attorney Willis was able to complete the most technical seminar in the country – the Mastering Scientific Evidence Seminar.
Attorney Willis is a member of the following organizations, and more:
- Member of the Board of Directors of DUIDLA
- National / State / Local Instructor on DUI defense for lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- Georgia Defense of Drinking Driver’s Group
Georgia Samauri Lawyer Award
Field sobriety tests also play a large part in DUI cases. Mr. Willis has trained as both a student and an instructor on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) standardized field sobriety evaluations.
Because of his expertise on the topic, Mr. Willis has been invited to speak at many CLE conferences to train other attorneys how to successfully defend DUI cases. He has also spoken on the topic of analyzing drunk-driving cases for trial as well as handling administrative license suspensions. Greg Willis has been awarded the D.O.D.D. DUI Appellate Lawyer of the Year for 2012.
Dedication & Certification
Attorney Willis demonstrates ultimate dedication to each client. In one case, a key witness was not able to appear in court. In order to give his client an optimal chance at the best possible outcome, he worked to postpone the trial until the witness would be available.
The judge refused to wait and Attorney Willis spent four days behind bars for contempt of court. However, once he was released, Attorney Willis was able to return to court – with the witness – and win his client’s case.
Attorney Willis has obtained the following certificates:
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association Certificate - 2017
- The 9th Annual Diving Into a DUI Case Seminar - 2015
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association Membership - 2015
- The 18th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence in DWI/DUI Cases Course - 2011
- Forensic Blood & Urine Testing Seminar - 2008
- Drug Evaluation and Classification Overview Course - 2004