Felony DUI Attorney in Atlanta
Elite DUI Defense for the Toughest Felony Charges
While the considerable majority of Georgia DUI cases will be treated as misdemeanors, there are times when people are accused of a felony DUI, which is an even more severe charge that carries intensified penalties.
When the stakes are raised, you need to be sure that you are working with a skilled Atlanta felony DUI lawyer. You can be confident in your defense lawyer when you work with Willis Law Firm.
See if an experienced Atlanta felony DUI lawyer from the firm can help you when you schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
When is a DUI a felony in Atlanta?
A felony DUI charge can be leveled against you if you are accused of driving under the influence with a child younger than 14 was in the vehicle. More serious still, a DUI charge becomes a felony if a DUI accident resulted in severe injuries or death to another person.
A fourth DUI offense within the span of 10 years could also be a felony. This is because the law changed on July 1, 2008. If you have a history of three DUI convictions since this date, and you have been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, then you are staring down a felony charge.
A felony DUI conviction on its own could mean:
- 1 to 5 years in prison
- $1,000 to $5,000 in fines
- Indefinite driver's license suspension
- Life as a convicted felon
This is not taking into account any possible related charges, such as:
- Child endangerment
- Serious injury by vehicle
- Vehicular homicide
Regardless of how frightening and complex these charges are, a felony DUI attorney in Atlanta may still be able to preserve your freedoms.
With more than 20 years of legal experience, the Atlanta felony DUI lawyer at Willis Law Firm are prepared to dissect your case to find the defense strategies that could get your charges reduced or dismissed.
Learn more when you fill out a free case evaluation today!
1) DUI less-safe, 2) Reckless Driving, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane, 4) Failure to Obey Authorized Person Directing Traffic Charges Reduced to Reckless Driving
1) DUI per se, 2) DUI less-safe, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane, 4) Reckless Driving Client Acquitted of DUI
1) DUI, 2) Speeding, 3) Failure to Maintain Lane DUI was reduced to reckless driving
1) Failure to maintain lane 2) Failure to obey traffic-control device, 3) DUI DUI and failure to maintain lane dismissed
1) Failure to Maintain Lane, 2) Driver’s License not on person, 3) Reckless Driving, 4) DUI less-safe All Charges Dismissed
1) Impeding the flow of traffic, 2) DUI less-safe All Charges Dismissed
Anonymous Tip About an Impaired Driver All Charges Dismissed
Attorney Faces DUI with BAC Twice the Legal Limit Case dismissed
Blood Test Shows Presence of Cannabinoids and THC Metabolites Not guilty of DUI-Drugs
Charges Dismissed Despite a Blood Test Charges Dismissed
“Don't play around with your freedom and driving privileges.”- Hayden
“Best Lawyer I have Ever Met!”- Robert
“Greg’s confidence is unmatched”- Anonymous